Japan hasn’t decided to ease entry ban, foreign minister says

FILE PHOTO: Japanese Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi delivers his speech at ASEAN’s Secretariat in Jakarta, Indonesia, January 10, 2020.

TOKYO: Japanese Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi said on Monday (Jun 15) it was not true the government had decided to ease an entry ban, which was implemented to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus, for people from certain countries.

The Yomiuri daily reported last week that Japan may restart business trips to and from Australia, New Zealand, Vietnam and Thailand in the next few months.

The government is examining ways to ease entry bans, taking into consideration various factors comprehensively, and would ease restrictions in stages if it decided to do so, Motegi told parliament.

Motegi has agreed with his counterparts from Vietnam, Australia and New Zealand to discuses the possibility of re-allowing travel to those who need it, he said.

 

Z24 News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Coronavirus: One million miss out on support schemes, MPs say

Sun Jun 14 , 2020
More than one million people have fallen through cracks in government schemes designed to support them during the coronavirus crisis, MPs says. The Treasury Select Committee called on ministers to plug gaps in the schemes to fulfil the government’s promise of “doing whatever it takes”. Freelancers and recent employees are […]

Share

Social menu is not set. You need to create menu and assign it to Social Menu on Menu Settings.