Cricket: Tendulkar settles lawsuit with Australian bat-maker

Sachin Tendulkar poses after winning the Laureus Best Sporting Moment award during the Laureus World Sports Awards 2020 in Berlin, Germany, on Feb 17, 2020.

NEW DELHI: Indian cricket great Sachin Tendulkar has settled his lawsuit with Spartan Sports International, having earlier accused the Australian bat manufacturer of failing to pay him US$2 million in royalties.

The 47-year-old Tendulkar said in a civil lawsuit filed last year that Spartan had agreed to pay him at least US$1 million a year to use his image, logo and promotional services but failed to make a single payment owed since 2016.

“Spartan sincerely apologises to Mr Tendulkar for its failure to honour his sponsorship agreement and is grateful for Mr Tendulkar’s patience in resolving this dispute,” its director Les Galbraith said in a joint statement issued by the parties on Thursday (May 14).

Spartan said the batting great has had no association with them since September 2018 and also cancelled the trademark it had registered featuring Tendulkar’s silhouette playing a cricket stroke.

Tendulkar quit international cricket in 2013 as its most prolific scorer, having amassed a record 34,000-plus runs including an unprecedented 100 centuries.

Z24 News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Next Post

Government gives green light for English football to return in June

Thu May 14 , 2020
LONDON: The Premier League’s plans to resume the season in June was given a boost after the secretary of state for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, Oliver Dowden, said the government was “opening the door” for football to return in June. Dowden said he held a “positive meeting” with football […]

Share

Social menu is not set. You need to create menu and assign it to Social Menu on Menu Settings.